Thursday, December 16, 2010

And this year's post is.....

Top 10 Countdown

This year has definitely been a great one for Mike and I, but not as profound as last year. It was hard to beat buying a house and getting a puppy, but as with life, it has its challenges and rewards! I hardly ever get on here anymore to update everyone on our lives, only for our yearly christmas letter! I know, so lame! So here it is... the top 10 events of 2010.

#10 We got rid of our little Geo Metro (AKA: the golden bullet, the pregnant rollerskate, the 0oik9booger) and bought ourselves a 4-cylidner Toyota Tacoma. It’s pretty old but Mike got it all spic and span with new tires and a few replacement parts. Mike now has a way to get to the mountains to go fishing, and my 16-year-old brother has a golden vehicle to call his own.

#9 I quit my job at Perkins, which started to destroy my morale! I looked for a job for almost 9 months and finally found one! I currently wait tables at a little steak house in Centennial, Wyoming which means a 27 mile commute for 4 days a week. It is much better for me!  Some day I won’t be a waitress… someday….

#8 Mike still works at StarTek as an Escalation Tech. It’s a pretty mundane job but it works with his school schedule so he bites the bullet and just does it. The good thing is that he is working from home now! The site where he was working got shut down and they laid-off all but 40-something people. Luckily Mike was one of the ones who got to keep his job! Yay!

#7 We have had to replace a few belongings of ours, which means getting new stuff, but it also means spending money! Yuck! A few weeks ago, our washer and dryer both died so we had to get new ones. We even took the old ones to the salvage yard and they paid us $16 dollars! Now we’re rich. Not.

#6 We got a new laptop! It is newer and nicer than our old one, but we didn’t buy it just because we wanted to, Bosco ate a few of the keys off of the old one and after that, it lost its will to live.

#5 At some point, most of you knew this would probably come up, but the longest continual event of this year was our dog Bosco eating almost everything he could get his slobbery mouth on! He ate things like, tinfoil, candy wrappers, Oreos, couch cushions, lights and ornaments off of the Christmas tree, even the wall. He definitely keeps us busy!

#4 Mike and I still have callings in the Primary. I am the second counselor in the presidency and he teaches the CTR 7 class. We both love the kids! They most definitely teach us more than we teach them!

#3 Mike took one of the hardest classes of his life, Organic Chemistry, and passed! Yippee! Now he just has to take Organic Chemistry II this upcoming semester. Hopefully he will make it out alive? Then he will be ready to apply for Pharmacy School.

#2 I got into Nursing School in Cheyenne! I will start commuting on January 13th and will receive my LPN when I have finished in 2 years! We are so excited! It’s nice to know that I have exactly 2 more years of school.

#1 The most important thing this year is that we have stayed healthy and happy! We have been very blessed and lucky to have all of the things we do! We love living in Laramie, for now and will probably be in school until we die but I know we will get through it!

We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and an extraordinary year to come!
Love, Katie & Mike

1 comment:

Tiffany And Eric said...

Sounds like an exciting year!!!! We have a dog and it has eaten everything we own too...couches, remotes, t-shirts, camera cases, the wall, her kennel...basically anything within her reach!!!