Tuesday, January 5, 2010

NEW POST! ... Can you believe it?!?


Hi everyone, You probably don't even remember who we are since I never post anything anymore so I figured it was about time for some updating. We wrote a new year's letter so I think I'll just post it on here and you can read all about us....



Greetings to All Our Family and Friends!

You can probably tell by the date you receive this letter that’s it’s a little late for a Christmas letter so, HAPPY NEW YEAR! We have had a great year and one of the biggest things we did was that we bought a house at the end of June. During this big adventure, we learned “how to” do a lot of little projects. (Mike put in all of our tile and wood floors—and I even helped grout one of the bathrooms) So here’s all of the things we learned “How To” do this year.

January-May (well, all year really)
How To: Go to School
1. Have motivation to get a better job than the one you have now (I am a waitress at Perkins and Mike is a technician at a data entry job here in Laramie) 2. Attend class (easy enough right? Mike is Pre-Pharmacy and applies to the program this fall and I am a nursing major applying in the fall for next spring semester.)

May-July
How To: Buy a House
1. Have a Mom who knows about the loans and tax credits. 2. Find an AMAZING deal on a first time home buyer loan to fit your budget 3. Find the house you want (it was still under construction when we decided to get it) 4. Move in with the parents for a few months until construction is complete (which includes becoming the 15-year-old teenager’s second set of parents and also his taxi) 5. Install tile and wood flooring to upgrade the house during construction. (Mike did a FABULOUS job with the help of my Dad) 6. Make the purchase and move in, in the rain (That was fun...)

August
How To: Celebrate 1 Year Anniversary (and both birthday’s in one week)
1. Get married one year prior 2. Talk about what to do for your anniversary/birthdays. 3. Decide to do some landscaping for our new house 4. Put in a sprinkler system and a lawn (that’s why I married a handyman) – We did go to Denver for our anniversary weekend for some shopping and Mike got me a piano for my birthday!

September-December
How To: Add a New Member to the Family:
1. It’s a BOY!! (Sorry to let you down, it’s a dog not a baby... haha) 2. Go get him in Colorado Springs when he’s 8 weeks old 3. Name him Bosco 4. Teach him how to fetch 5. Teach him how to go potty outside (yes, he played fetch before he even went potty outside even once, silly dog!) 6. Teach him how to sit 7. Make sure he snuggles a lot and gets a lot of treats 8. Now he’s potty trained!!!! YEAH!

By now, Mike could probably be a contractor, and we could teach everyone the best way to clean up little puppy “messes” so if you’re ever in the need—we can teach you all of the things that we learned “how to” do this year. We hope you have a great and safe new year!

Love, Mike, Katie & Bosco


P.s. I will post some more pictures tomorrow or something, It's dad's birthday so we're going over to celebrate...

3 comments:

Alayna said...

Sounds like a great year and cute puppy!!

Milmonster said...

Yeah for a new post! Glad to hear the house is coming together and Bosco is adorable. Miss you guys!

Tiffany And Eric said...

Katie I have been trying to find your blog for about a million years now!!!!