Saturday, February 21, 2009

6 months already!!

It has been 6 months since we got married! I can't believe it! It has also been FOREVER since I've updated my blog...Sorry to everyone--especially Aunt Niecy for not keeping you all updated!! :S So where do I start?

School: I've started up school again, just retaking classes so I can try to get into the Dental Hygiene program. I'm only taking 6 credits and they are classes I've taken already so I've got it fairly easy. They are night classes though so thats not so much fun but hopefully it will be worth it. I apply for the program again in August and if I get in I will attend LCCC in cheyenne starting in January next year. We still don't know what we will do, whether we both move there or one of us will just commute since it's only 45 minutes away... I guess we'll cross that bridge when/if we get there. Mike is also finishing up his classes at LCCC. (He's taking night classes as well.) He's changed majors a few times and now that he's a Pharmacy major its time to go to UW, but he has to take 6 more credits to finish his graduation requirements for his associates of general studies....so exciting I know but it gets him to UW. He has about a year or so left of prerequisites and then he can also start applying for his program.

Work: I still work at perkins and I've gotten a few raises in the past few weeks. I am now a trainer and I love it. On Monday's I babysit the Bishop's little girl for a few hours and I have the day off but I have one class at 3 so its nice not to work. I only work about 29 hours a week but the money I make in tips is about the same or more that I was at the mortgage compant. Mike still works at a data entry kinda place that he doesn't mind very much but there are definately some better jobs out there. He's been playing in a small basketball league that the city does at the rec center with some guys from work so that has been fun for him. I like to go watch him play since he loves the game so much.

Our Apartment: We are still in the same basement which we love a lot, but the owners are selling it the whole house. They have been showing the it quite a bit over the past few weeks so we've also been looking for a new apartment to move to...hopefully we can find one that we like since we will be in laramie for a while longer.

Our Ward: Another bad thing about looking for a new apartment is that we really want to stay in our ward. We are just starting to get to know everyone and we also love our callings. Mike is the Ward Mission Leader which keeps him (and me) busy :) and I am the Faith in God Leader for the 8-11 year old girls. It's so fun I learn so much from them and it is definately helping me to become more patient. I also took on the duty of taking pictures of everyone in the ward and putting them on a bulliten board at the church... what a job! whew! I have them mostly done though so thats good.

It's already been 6 months since we have gotten married!! I can't believe how fast time flies! Over Valentine's weekend we took a trip down to denver and stayed in a hotel and then went to the temple and did some shopping the next day. It was really fun to get out of laramie for a few days and just spend some time together. And thats really all that we've been up to lately... not much else is going on... pretty boring life. Hopefully I will get to update this again soon... :)

3 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

sounds like you guys are staying busy:) time does fly fast when your in love;) congrats on 6mo and i hope you get into the dental hyg program

Jenny said...

Hi Katie! Thanks so much for the update! You two are so great! I am glad that you are so awesome in everything you do, I am sure your ward would hate it you guys left too! Good luck with everything! Love you tons!
Jenny

Milmonster said...

You guys are fabulous! I'm so glad we are in the same ward. I saw that you liked to play games...bring it on!
We will be moving this summer if you can wait you can have our wonderful apartment!