Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Flat Tires, Make-Up, Season 5 and One Bruised Elbow!!

I am such a KLUTZ!!!!

So first for the flat tire story... I somehow ran over 4 nails!! I was driving to UPS to drop a package off for work when I ran over something that sounded like glass... I was so nervous that I just popped my tire right then and there, so I tried to hurry and get to the UPS store so I could check it out. I walked around my car kinda poking and prodding on my tires (mind you I was in a skirt...) and everything looked fine. BUT.... I am a girl... I missed it. I took my car home, and it ran fine with no problem... then I went to a Mary Kay meeting. Since I got home first, Mike's car was parked behind mine so I took his. He went to class and we decided to meet at Wal-Mart afterwards.

--During my meeting for Mary Kay, I decided to become a consultant... I'm a little scared but I really love the product.. also, Mary Kay Ash's policy is God first, family second, and work third, so it really got me! :)

Mike and I met at Wal-Mart and we did some shopping. When we came out of the store to go home, I got in his car and he got in mine to drive away... I didn't get far before I recieved a call from my handsome husband telling me the tire on my car had gone flat. He unbolted it and tried to wiggle it off, but the people at the shop put it on too tight so it made the tire like seal to something... (I'm not really sure... remember I'm a girl) anyways, he couldn't get the tire off. It was about 10:30 so we decided to go get a sledge hammer from my dad's house so he could wack the tire off... So we got in his car, leaving my all jacked up (haha) in the wal-mart parking lot. We got the sledge hammer and as soon as Mike hit the tire from the back 3 or 4 times it FINALLY came off...

He grabbed the spare to stick on there and lo-and-behold..... it was flat. Lame. I was so cold from standing outside, that by then I just wanted to leave my car there forever. My dad has an air compressor so off we went in Mike's car again. It was a good thing that my parents live here in Laramie, because ALL of the air pumps at the gas stations get put away at night. So we got it filled up and put back onto the car and were home at about 11:20. Sigh!

The next day I took the car in and got the tire fixed and put back on, so it's all smooth sailing... That night I went to a friend's house --without Mike cuz he was in class again :(-- to watch THE OFFICE SEASON 5!!! :) So exciting! You MUST see it... but only if you have watched the end of season 4! Afterwards, they dropped me off and came in to get a tour of our little apartment. I walked up the stairs when they left to lock the door and on my way down I fell.... It was really funny and really crappy at the same time. It hurt so bad! Mike came running in from the other room cuz this is what he heard... bumfp. bumpf. bumpf. bumfp. "euhhh......." He must have thought I passed out or something. It hurt so bad. My elbow and arm are STILL bruised a week later!

So I have concluded that:

1. Always watch for nails on the road and ALWAYS make sure your spare tire is pumped up...
2. I like make-up.
3. I LOVE The Office!
4. When you're walking down slippery stairs in slippers.... you might.... ya know. slip!
5. I'm a klutz!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh goodness. So sorry about your tire story and falling down. I am a total klutz too and usually end up with bruises that I have no idea how they got there. :) Mary Kay? You should've talked to me about Melaleuca. It's WAY better.

Jen said...

I LOVE The Office! Best. Show. Ever. I am so glad that it is back on. I always go through withdrawals during the off season. I was dying to know what was going to happen with Pam and Jim...finally, he did it!! :) Anyway, sorry to hear about your flat tire...and your little fall down the stairs. You poor thing. At least you can laugh about it now. The recipe blog I was telling you about is http://bonappetitrecipe.blogspot.com/. If you have any good recipes you want to add, give me your email address and I will add you as an author of the blog...only if you want to though. No pressure. I am all for good, EASY recipes.

Katie said...

sigh.... oh the office! :) what's gonna happen with angela and dwight... and kelly and ryan!?? wow.... i can't wait til tomorrow!!!!