Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Smoker Friendly??

So today is day 2 of blogging and I have the funniest story!

Yesterday I was making this delicious peach ice cream but i ran out of ice to put in the ice cream maker. There's this gas station on 3rd and Sheridan kinda close to where I live so I thought I would go pick some up. I walk into the store and it is a tobacco store.... all you can see from wall to wall, window to window, is any kind of tobacco product you want. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew.... you name it. All I wanted was some ICE!!! So after being completely astounded by all the disgusting stuff in there, I turn to my right to see this really creepy guy with piercings and tattoos all over his body... I was pretty freaked out!... So.... I tried to calmly say "I just need some ice..." He said ok and asked for $1.90. I pulled out my wallet, thinking he was just gonna swipe it right from my hand to get out some change. It seemed like it took forever!!! After he put the money into the register he handed me a key to get the ice from a cooler outside... I was so relieved to be able to walk out of there... I unlocked the box, got my ice and handed him the key thru the outside window and drove away as soon as possible!!! When I got back to the apartment, I just stood outside so I could air off a little so I didn't smell like marijuana!! ....WOW. For those of you that were thinking about stopping by that gas station "Smoker Friendly" .... don't it's not pretty!

1 comment:

Brent Festge said...

That's my brother Ike that works there and he's actually a pretty decent guy. Does he look rough? Yes. Does he kill animals with his bare hands? Yes. Does he smoke marijuana? Yes. Has he ever killed a customer for asking for ice? Yes. But they wanted the kind of ice that you smoke (aka Meth). Does he make the most delicious strawberry cheesecake you have ever tasted? No. But he does take baths. And anyone who takes baths instead of showers has to be sort of soft and girly. Please don't tell him I said that.