Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Little About Us!

We recently got married on August 15th and are working on our new life together. It has been an interesting start. It's definately better living with one guy than 3 girls! :) Mike has hard night classes so I stay at home and try to gain motivation to organize all of our junk. I took this semester off to work and make money and also I applied to the Dental Hygiene Program in Cheyenne, WY so I'm waiting to see if I get in... :S I work at a mortgage company with my mom so I'm learning alot about the mortgage business. It's been kinda slow lately... which means....More time to blog!.... haha

Mike has just changed majors to Pharmacy so he still has about a year and half (or less we hope!) until he can start applying for the actual program. He's also working 30 hours a week so we can have health insurance through his job.... He works so hard!!

We live in a 3 bedroom basement apartment and we have enough stuff to almost fill ALL the rooms! Just last night I finally cleaned out what we call the "storage room" that had all of our gifts from the wedding. At least that room is done, now to only get motivation for the guest room where all of our real junk is. One of the first projects I did was to clean the stairs that lead to our apartment. They are wooden with white paint and they were so yucky! So I scrubbed and scrubbed with comet! **MIRACLE** Check these out: sick huh? They still look dirty but they're CLEAN!!














Mike has 2 sisters who live here and we love spending time with them. Melissa is married to Chad and they have a 2 1/2 year old...Sienna... so fun!


The other day I put one of those sour WarHead candies in her mouth and she made the greatest face!!! "It's sour Kate!".... HAHA!!! SOOOO FUNNY!! Here's little Sienna with her sour face!

Kelsey is his other sister who is 21 and lives by herself... Last year he lived with her so I got to see her everytime I would go to his apartment... I miss seeing her all the time... This weekend we took her to the UW football game to watch the Cowboys get STOMPED by the Falcons.... 3-23.... we suck!

Our new project is re-doing my mother-in-law's house. We are planning a trip up to Burlington to paint the walls, get rid of old wall hangings (like those dried flower wreaths and the kitchen goose decorations from the 80's). Mike's sister Macy is coming up this week so all of us girls can go shopping for curtains... couch covers... etc. for the house project... I'm so excited! Mike's mom never does anything for herself, she would be happy to keep all that old stuff in her house for the rest of her life...!

Well that's about it for now... I lost the cord that goes from the computer to my camera, but hopefully I can find it to post some awesome pictures! Keep your eye out for them... I've got some good ones.... :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

p.s. I just bought a camera cord since I can't find mine anywhere... pictures to come in a week or less!! :) yay!!

Lauren said...

Nice job, Katie! I love it. It will be fun to keep up with you and Mike! I'll add you to my links! Let me know if you have questions.

The Gardner Family said...

Okay--you say my kids are big?? YOU ARE MARRIED! AHHH! Congratulations! You are so beautiful! Since you are in house remodel mode you can come anytime to help finish our basement. ;)

Craig and Karissa said...

Katie, your blog si so cute! And I love your pictures Megan did a great job!